Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday

Quick update:

The days are really blurring together and more than one time a day I am wondering what day it is.  So I am going to report what I think all happened today.  Dave had a horrible night last night, I'll spare you the details, but it wasn't pretty and I'm sad I wasn't there to help him.  Dr. Klatt came in this morning (after being called through the night for Dave), they took him off all liquid/food and put the NG tube back in, they drained several liters of liquid which gave him some relief.  Feels like we are back at square one.

What it sounds like that is happening is that his bowels did wake up (hence the good day the other day), but now his stomach is "asleep".  Now we have to wait for that to work itself out.  Dave is pretty discouraged, but still trying hard to do all that is necessary to help his body heal.  So here we are waiting still (hey, but I'm getting better at waiting!).  The kids are being troopers and don't seem quite as weepy. 

We are continuing to trust that God has purpose in this and we are thankful for all the evidence of Him at work in our midst.  We will be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, we will let our requests be known to God.  And we will rest in the peace of God that guards our hearts and minds tonight as we sleep. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Holy One of Blessing, for the good work of healing already begun in your servant Dave. Grant that he may wait upon you with an expectant heart and rise up in joy at your call; in Christ's name we pray. Amen.
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...