Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tube out, tube in

Tubes.  Who knew we'd become so well acquainted with tubes.  Dave did not have a good day today.  He tried oatmeal for breakfast and lunch and now nothing is working.  (I think it clogged his colon...)  They put him back on the IV and he can't have anything by mouth. It feels a little like a roller coaster ride, bad day, good day, bad day, good day...this picture is of the roller coaster in Sea World.  I took Julia on it and we both freaked out!  Told you I  am a wimp.  Needless to say I'm not completely happy about this up and down part of our journey, but I don't need to be happy.  This life is not about us being happy.  It is to know God, be known by Him and then make Him known to this dark world and this is definitely keeping me very close to Him.  I am still standing on the truth that God is in full control, that He is the God of Hope and Healing.  I have a joy that is unexplainable even though I am tired and my husband is in pain.  So we will continue to wait.  Please, please pray for relief for Dave.  Pray for our kids too, they miss their daddy (though they see him daily).  The last two nights I had to wake up Daniel in the car after driving home from the hospital (it's not quite as easy to carry an 8 year old as it is a 2 year old!)

Thanks for another dinner tonight, for encouraging messages, for Gift Cards to the cafeteria, Starbucks cards : ) and mostly your prayers.  We will persevere! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...