Monday, December 12, 2011

New Room

Today I went back to work, it was good to be there, I really love it.  I missed Dave though, wondering how he was, wondering if he needed ice chips, wondering if he'd done his laps around the 6th floor.  Makes me thankful for phones, texting and facebook!  I went to see him this afternoon and he was gone...to a new room :)  This really isn't a big deal, he was fine with where he was and he never complained.  The way his bed faced though,  his view was of the other wing of the hospital.  Now he overlooks Wright Park, he'll see the sunrise and if he stands he can see Mt Rainier and Commencement Bay...not too shabby!  I hope this makes his time there just a little bit sweeter. 

Dave had a good day.  The NG tube is out, he is back on a clear liquid diet and it looks like his bowels are "waking up".  We are seeing progress!  Thank you Lord.  The beef broth tonight though was not good to him...mental note, no beef broth (at least from TG).  We'll see how the night treats him and just maybe coming home will be part of the conversation with our doctor.

Tonight was our staff/elder family Christmas Party.  It was so great to fellowship with this incredible group of friends...family.  I sometimes want to pinch myself because these people are truly amazing and we are so blessed to be in this community of believers.   The surprise of the night was a magician...wow!  He was incredible and shared such a great message of hope, I was not expecting that.  He even got Daniel on stage to help with a trick.  I don't think he'll ever forget it (Daniel, not the magician).  I am so grateful for tonight, would have been perfect if Dave were there.  I did get to have Dave's mom there though and that was great.  (Thanks for coming Janine!)

Heading towards bed (via folding laundry, cleaning kitchen, checking the pile of mail, cleaning the cat box, checking on the kids...makes me wish I had a laptop to blog in bed so I could just turn off the light and bypass all of the aforementioned!)

Goodnight friends, praying you saw God at work today too...thank you Lord for showing me Your love today...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like prayers lifted from here are being answered Nancy & Dave!! Alleluia! In God's timing (which is always the best anyway) but being answered. What a testimony to our God. Love how you're testimony is shining brightly despite the tough circumstances. I feel for Dave and the whole hospital time.. tubes ect.. May his eyes stay on the fact that his cancer is not spread and he is on the way to healing!!! MY YOU FIND BLESSINGS SURROUNDING YOUR WHOLE FAMILY each minute of each day my friends. I long to be there to help and serve you : ) Sending love & prayers, Jane Bjork

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beef broth is better with a slice of lemon. Do you know when Dave is going to come home? I think I'll call Janine. Maybe she'd like to go over to the BX. We are going to get some socks for the church. Someone is going to pick them up at the end of this week. I think they are for Nativity House They need ground coffee, too. I think I'll get some socks for Dave,too, since God has blest his socks off. Dave's, not God's. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the NG is out and he's back to clear liquids! I wonder what his first "real" meal is going to be? Steak? Lobster? Something from The Ram? :) Thankful to hear from you today via text. You sound ok despite the circumstances. God is so good and I pray He blesses you today as much as He did yesterday. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having a hard time getting things on the computer right (then try left) Noooo! I am so glad Dave is better. I've been thinking of calling Janine, and I will still talk to her. She is so good to take care of things at home. I am praising God without ceasing since we went to church this morning. We go every Wd. AM. We learned a little about John of the Cross this morning. He went through the Dark Night of the Soul and wrote about it. I'd like to read a copy. We pray for Dave at every service.Mom

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...