Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pathology Report : )

I realize most of you are probably fb friends of mine so you've heard the word, but to quote myself from facebook:

"Our bright hope for today you ask? Pathology came back, No Cancer, our giant has been slayed and the victory is the Lords.."

I just love how the Lord knits our hearts to His.  Last night as I was blogging I just knew there would be something about today that would give us more hope.  Then I talked to Dave this morning and he said the doctor came by and the Pathology report came back, No Cancer.  They took out some lymph nodes also and looked at those.  They did not find any cancer there either.  I guess if the lymph nodes had cancer and the radiation killed it, they would see evidence of cancer being there before, but there was nothing!  This is great news since cancer spreads quickly through lymph nodes.  It is a big relief to have this hurdle behind us.  However...

Dave had a high pain day.  They took out the NG tube this morning and put him back on clear liquids.  I think the pain is caused by the bowels beginning to work, the gas pressure in his belly, pain from laying in bed for a week and hunger!  He hasn't eaten since last Wednesday.  He is still being a star patient, but I can tell he is just about done with this.  While I did sing the praises of the staff yesterday, today was another story...don't know what was wrong with this group of  nurses/CNA's today, but I hope they get good sleep and take their happy pills tonight.  It's amazing how my hackles can come up when someone doesn't treat my family well...

Please pray for relief from the pain, complete healing and solid food to be on the menu soon.  I am tired, I think I hear my pillow calling for me, better go check on it...good night!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Nancy, "Great is Thy Faithfulness" is one of my favorites, too. Sometimes I catch myself singing it. We sing songs like this in our new church.

    One of my favorite Bible quotes tells us we "are more than conquerors." With your little Christian Army, you are certainly victorious.

    Tell Dave we are proud of him, coping with the pain and other stuff.
    Love, Mom
    P.S. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave and Nancy,
    I love your blog... and even more your God!
    He is great.
    Rejoicing with you in the news...
    Praying with you for pain relief, healing, solid food...
    Love you guys!
    Jim Kennington

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...