Thursday, December 1, 2011

Now you have it, now you don't

Well, surgery is over.  Dr. Klatt did a beautiful job.  Everything went according to the plan.  This morning my husband had a cancerous tumor, and now he doesn't.  Granted he is in a great deal of pain. This may be premature, but I am rejoicing that the cancer is gone.  We should receive the pathology report in about four days.

Hopefully Dave won't read this while he is feeling bad, but today was kind of fun.  I had several friends stop by, two that work here! I had two Starbucks delivered to me and I sat doing nothing for 9 hours...well longer now.  I'm pretty relaxed.  I'm using my  new cool kindle and hanging out with my college buddy!  Seriously, I feel a little guilty, but hey I'm on vacation!

Okay, I wrote those last two paragraphs at the hospital, but Dave kept needing ice and pain meds and a smile : )  So he took priority over you for a little while!  I am home with the kids and my friend Kathy from Portland.  They will be getting Dave up tomorrow to walk around.  I felt so bad leaving him tonight, he is so uncomfortable and tired.  I'm hoping he will sleep through the night, I know I will!

So rejoice my friends!  We have been praying God's will and this is His will (phew...), we have just checked off one more stop on this road and are getting ready for the next leg of this trip.  Recovery.  We covet your continued prayers as we start dealing with the daily mundane responsibilities of getting Dave healthy and strong enough for chemo. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you (including the tangible ways you have shown your love to us).  We are blessed beyond what I ever thought possible!

First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all,
because your faith is being proclaimed throughout the whole world.  Romans 1:8

Praying that your extravagant love for my family shouts the Lord's faithfulness to a watching world!  Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Sleep tight, my friend. Prayers are surrounding you all tonight.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...