Thursday, December 22, 2011

Not much new

A few of you have asked so I thought I'd give a quick update.

Nothing has changed, there you go, all done!  Really, not much has changed.  Dave is in pain and healing slowly.  It is to be expected, but is still discouraging.  I think we've been riding on the adrenaline rush from diagnosis, to treatment, to surgery and now it feels a little like we've "crashed".  I feel like the only thing I can do is bring him water and juice.  We go see his PCP tomorrow, it will be good to get out of the house (I know, after waiting so long to get home from the hospital, we want to get out of the house now!)

I'm grateful for Christmas break and the relief it brings from the business of life.  Grateful for all the yummy Christmas cookies we've been given so I can "feed" my sadness.  (I'm totally using this circumstance for the excuse to eat whatever I want!)  I'm continuing to trust and be grateful for God's good plan for us.  And choosing to believe that He is working in and through us.  We have so much to be grateful for and now it's almost Christmas Day and we are reminded to be grateful for the greatest gift of God's only Son.

I know the Truth and find great comfort in it, but life is hard (and I don't want to sugar coat that).  The great thing about being a follower of Jesus Christ is that though life is hard, we have Hope.  I think I'm a little nostalgic since today was the funeral for the pilot from our church that died in the helicopter crash on December 12.  That is hard.  He has a beautiful wife and four young children.  Yet we share  the Hope for tomorrow and Hope for eternity.  So we will get through this and even find joy in it.  And maybe tomorrow I'll have a funny hospital story to tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...