Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Perspective

Dave is slowly improving, all the tubes are out (again...) and he is having full liquids (creamy soup, pudding etc).  He still has quite a bit of gas, bloating and pain, but seems to be coming along.  The doctor wants him on a low fiber diet (white bread, white rice...all the things we try not to give our kids :) ) before he comes home.  And I am absolutely fine with this.

I found out this morning that a soldier from our church was killed in the helicopter crash at JBLM (Joint Base Lewis-McChord) last night.  This sweet family is new to our church, they just moved here with their 4 children, their latest special needs child arrived just this summer with adoption finalized days ago.  Talk about sobering.  Surely the Lord knew this day would happen, this did not happen because God was busy with other things.  No, I think He was watching ever so closely, He was there.  And for some reason, this is part of His plan...there is purpose in this, great purpose.  Yet my heart is deeply grieved for this sweet, young, generous, gracious wife and their very precious children.

I told Dave about the crash earlier today.  I told him I didn't want to minimize his pain, we'll get through this. However this family will not see their husband, daddy, son again until they see him in heaven. What we are dealing with is minimal and Dave agreed. Our road is still going to be rough, but now we have a little better perspective. 

I told my kids about this in the car on the way home from the hospital tonight.  Julia said she would like to write cards to the kids (she has met them a few times in Sunday School), then Daniel chimed in and wanted to send a note to the toddler.  We came in the house and I sent the kids upstairs to get ready for bed.  I went to check on them and this is what Daniel had already written. "Hi, I am sory that yor dad died it is so sad.  I no haw it wad feel.  It wad feel sad.  I am prayinge for you.  God loves you and He wel be ther iny time.  God loves you. like I sed He will be ther for you."

There was some very exciting news when I got home.  This family still needed $11,000 to pay off the adoption fees.  The agency, Project Hopeful that they are affiliated with, put a cry out for help after the news of the dads death.  Today alone they received ALL the funds needed!  What a sweet gift from the Lord.  And the other piece that has me smiling is that my tender-hearted son knows the truth that God loves us and He will be there "iny" time we need Him. 

Good night dear ones and as Daniel said, God loves you and will be there for you too!

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. Love Daniel's heart. Julia's, too. Those *apples* stayed close to the *tree*.
    Praying for you and Dave and trusting that God is there ALWAYS and knows what He's doing.
    Love you, Friend. <3

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...