Thursday, August 11, 2011

Home Again

We are home from our first Oncology Appointment : )  Not sure how we are feeling yet, so here are the facts.  The doctor looked over our charts and said Dave has Recto sigmoid Cancer, not Rectal Cancer.  Nope, didn't mean a thing to me either.  It means it is higher in than first thought, just not quite to the colon.  They don't do pretreatment with this kind of cancer, so we meet with the surgeon on August 29 to schedule surgery.  He seemed hopeful that this is curable.  I feel like we have had a course correction or change...God is still leading, we are following (though we are considering a second opinion again).  More later...

My mother-in-law just arrived and dinner is ready, so I need to go!  So I think we have two weeks of "normal" Lord willing. 

3 comments:

  1. Praying for all of you and am so glad you started this blog. You are an inspiration to many in the way you are responding to this unexpected trial. I love you and am honored to call you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, Nancy. I agree with Shari, you are an inspiration to so many. Thank you for allowing us to share your and Dave's very personal journey. I'm praying for you daily.

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...