Friday, August 12, 2011

August 12

I'm at a loss for a title of this post, so today's date it is. 

I don't know why today seemed a little harder than the last few (guess I didn't think they could get much harder than a cancer diagnosis?)  I think my adrenaline rush is gone.  The swirl of information is spinning around in my head looking for a place to land.

I think I just figured it out.  I've let my eyes veer a little to the left (or maybe it's to the right, I need new glasses).  The onslaught of information and thinking how we are going to do first day of school (at two different schools), surgery, work, trip (I have a ticket to go to Texas in Sept. for work...) have all received my affections.  Matthew 6:21 says, for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.  I've started to value or give priority to the temporary.  Hebrews 12 says to fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.  Okay, I feel better now. 

Eyes fixed - check.  Pressing on - check.  Still feeling frail - check.  Still confident we are held in the strong arms of Jesus - absolutely.

Our surgeon called this morning.  He wanted to be make sure we were doing okay after our oncology appt yesterday.  It actually was a very good conversation, I like him even more now.  He explained that because of the location and the size of the cancer they don't want to do radiation ahead of time.  Radiation causes inflammation and if that happens, Dave could have a total obstruction in his colon.   We anticipate surgery in September.

We are waiting to see if our insurance will cover a PET scan, so either we will have that or a CAT scan on Dave's chest (what's with the animal references?).  Then we meet with the surgeon on August 29 to discuss the surgery.

I don't know if we'll have many updates before then, probably just some more of my random musings.

I have to include this fb message, you can stop reading now if you want...I need this here for me : )
Michelle wrote:
My friend, Lori, in Nevada wrote in her letter today about you.....
"I had a little vision of the four of them out in a row boat in the dark on the big sea. Then guess what came up alongside them so they didn't have to be alone through this dark & scary time? A big, huge cruise ship w/ all of their friends, family...a big Jesus party to cover them and pull them in. May they not feel alone, but always know their God is near. Verses for them: Nahum 1:7 'The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in Him.' and Jeremiah 20:11 'The Lord stands beside me like a great warrior.'" Made me cry.....loved it. God is with you all.... ♥


There you have it, you all get the cruise ship!  Thanks for pulling us in, can't do this without you.

2 comments:

  1. I would ONLY get on that cruise ship for YOU! (not a fan! ha!)
    Love you, Friend. Love how God uses believers all over to encourage one another.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sent this blog link to Kay Simpson today. She's a former LC3 member and breast cancer survivor. Someone who's "been there/done that" is another great "ship" to add to the fleet.

    Like I shared with you the other day, I so appreciate the blogs. It keeps us up to date and lets us know what we can do to help. Let's talk soon about when you'd need help with schools and such.

    Still praying that you'll see the Lord's footsteps so you can easily follow them. :-)

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...