Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dave has tattoos...

Quick update, we saw the radiologist today, loved him too!  They gave us the low down on radiation and want to start next week, though there isn't an opening for two weeks, but they are working hard to try to make it happen sooner.  They had to tattoo (seriously) Dave's belly so they know where to place him for radiation treatments.  He was going to ask them to put an N (for Nancy....) over his belly button, but I don't think they do that there. 

This doctor gave us great hope.  It sounds like he is expecting Dave to be cancer free after all is said and done.  I feel like we've gotten off "easy"...so many people suffer so much more than this or for so much longer...those are the ones I truly admire (you know who you are...several of you are reading this).  Not to say that I am not completely proud of Dave, he has been AMAZING.  He has been positive, funny, strong, wise, proactive.  He has encouraged me and others and he is doing the dishes right now!  I know there will be tough days ahead, but I believe God has led us and made the beginning of this journey smooth to "ease" us into the days ahead.

Thank you to all of you who have prayed for us, encouraged us, given us gifts, watched our kids, cleaned for us, brought food and walked along side of us, this is what this life is about and you are living well.  With a full and grateful heart....Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, you just reminded me of something I had forgotten! When my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer the first time, and went through radiation that first time, she too got tattooed (is that how you spell it?) and she was kinda perversely proud of them. You have to understand, my Mom died at 68 years of age, and never even got her ears pierced, so the tattoo jokes were just too fun to pass up!!! :) Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...