Thursday, August 11, 2011

First Oncology Appt.

Today is a big day.  It's a day that I have been longing for and a day I've been dreading.  We just want to "get this party started" (as the nurse said as he walked in our room shaking the "Go-lytly" drink before Dave's colonoscopy - he was having way too much fun!).  I want this cancer destroyed and removed as soon as possible.  Yet I don't want my husband to suffer, or deal with the unknown side effects of radiation and chemo. (or for our kids to see their dad sick)  Again here we are, not our will, but Yours Lord.  As far as I understand we will meet with the doctor to make the plan of action and then set up all the appointments for treatment.

Please pray for God's peace to guard our hearts (Phil 4:6-7), that God would be glorified (Matt 5:16), that God would hold our family close, especially our children (Psalm 91:4) and we would go forward in His plan for our lives (Jer 29:11-13)

Thank you for being part of this journey, we are humbled and blessed.

3 comments:

  1. First step to a healthier Dave! Good luck and lots of love. It feels overwhelming at times, but having a plan is a great reassurance for me...and once you can start checking things off, it feels even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for both of you today . . . like you said, that God's peace would guard your hearts, He would be glorified, and that you would go forward in His strength in His plan for your lives . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. онкология I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...