Friday, August 5, 2011

Friends - pint size

Julia has been begging for a birthday sleepover for months (it feels like).  I finally said sure and limited the number to four - my interpretation: four total, Julia's interpretation: four friends plus her!  Of course I said yes, I love to celebrate my children.  We decided to invite only friends from church (we had to narrow the choices!).  That was all BC (before Cancer).  I decided to cancel the party since it seemed all too much.  Then I came to my senses and realized we needed tonight.  I am completely spoiled, these are amazing girls (with absolutely amazing moms).  How incredibly blessed we are to be surrounded by godly friends.  The desserts are compliments of our friend Marilyn, she gave the most incredible tea party in honor of her "friends" and we reaped the benefits! 

I am so grateful for friends and am realizing I will need you even more now.  And my kids will need their friends also.  Thank you Michelle and Kirstin for giving my kids very fun days (forts, swimming, smores for breakfast, Starbucks) this last week.  I wouldn't have made it without you.

Oh and Happy 11th Birthday to our Julia.  We adore you with all our hearts.  You are kind, funny, thoughtful, caring, a servant, compassionate, patient, smart, silly, tender-hearted, gracious and so much more!  You make our lives rich.   Love you sweet pea!
Oh and just for fun, here is a picture of MY friends from that most incredible tea party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...