Thursday, August 18, 2011

Daily Bread

Well, I woke up at "O dark thirty" this morning as I said in my last post...and who knew it is actually light out at 6am? Okay, probably all of you (just K. E. and I were unaware) Anyway, I opened today's devotional to read,

Matthew 6:11, "Give us this day our daily bread". The first few sentences read: Jesus often reminded His followers not to worry. He told them not to be anxious about tomorrow's needs or potential problems (Matt. 6:25) Rather, Jesus stressed a daily reliance on the Father, who provides for His children day by day...God is aware of what tomorrow will bring and how we should prepare for it. He knows the problems we will face, and He has already made provision for us to overcome them. (exerpts from August 18 Experiencing God Devotional)

So today, once again we will rely on the Lord and trust Him with our future. Dave is in right now for his PET scan. I don't know if they will tell us any results today or not. I'm choosing not to be anxious for tomorrow and asking God to give us today our daily bread. Trusting you are doing the same. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Prayed for you yesterday. Am waiting on the Lord for the answers, as you are......
    Thankful that this is not shaking your faith. God trusts you with this and will ALWAYS give you your daily bread.
    BTW~in the middle of summer it's actually light around 4:30am..... go figure! ;P
    Love you!
    xo~M.

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...