Friday, November 25, 2011

Six

 We have a cute number six in honor of the unicycle we saw at the parade today!  I woke up at 6am (hey, another six!)  to see how awful the weather was, and it was decent...well, I could see the stars so I figured it wasn't raining.  I was feeling a little bad that my kid's memory of this Thanksgiving was cleaning their room, so Dave and I decided to take the kids to the Macy's parade!  We took the bus from the Tacoma Dome to Westlake Center, with one other passenger.  We got great seats and sunshine, perfect combination for a parade.  We saw floats, princesses, bands, bagpipes and St. Bernards.  (Now again, if you know me, this does not sound like a good time...crowds and cement, not my first choice for a vacation day...but it was a blast!  It helped that for candy they threw Frangos, yumalicious.)  After the parade we window shopped at Westlake and Pacific Place then walked down to Pike Place to see a fish fly and to sit on a pig.  It was such a beautiful day.  We walked over to see the Sound and the Olympics and to listen to the Dickens Carolers.  I think it was a day that we all needed and I am so grateful.


And today's verse (from one of my favorite books):

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you
were called in one body; and be thankful.  Colossians 3:15

I think there is a direct link between being thankful and letting the peace of Christ rule in our hearts.  As we decide to be thankful for all that God has given (good and bad), His peace begins to rule.  I just read it is like having an umpire make a decision.  Did someone hurt your feelings today?  Ump, what's the decision, make the call.  "Peace".  Things didn't go as planned?  Ump, what's the call?  "Peace".  Storm raging?  What is the decision? "Peace, be still". Find out you have cancer?  Decision?  "Peace".  You get it.  Whatever you are going through, peace is waiting, it's yours, let it rule and be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...