Sunday, November 27, 2011

Four

Four Calling Birds
So by now I think everyone has heard Christmas music playing on the radio, in the elevator, at the stores, at church.  In fact Daniel is in bed now singing a song from our Children's Christmas Pageant coming up in a couple of weeks.  "Gotta keep the main thing, the main thing!" (now repeat those same words 498 times, yup that's what I'm hearing, surely there are other words to this song.)  I don't think I've heard The 12 Days of Christmas yet, but today's number four is brought to you by this song.

And today's verse, well, I think it is inspired by Daniel's song. 

Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.  Brethren I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 3:12-14

Christ has "laid hold' of us for a purpose and I want to grasp that tight.  I don't want to rely on the past, or be stuck in the past to miss this moment God has for us in the present.  As a zillion details swim in my head of things to accomplish this week, I need to remember one thing, that I "Gotta keep the main thing, the main thing."  That main thing is my upward call of God in Christ Jesus.  Thanks Daniel for the reminder.

P.S. We have pre-op tomorrow!  This was a long span of not seeing doctors, it felt very strange, uncomfortable almost.  I'm oddly happy to go to a medical appointment (shhhh, don't tell Dave, I don't think he is very happy about it.), I'll let you know any grand details we receive, if any.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...