Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Eight

The number eight is brought to you in honor of Daniel's "fake" 8th birthday!

Daniel's birthday is two days before Dave's surgery.  We've been trying to figure out how to do a party around Thanksgiving, that close to surgery.  It worked out that today was a 1/2 day and a couple of Daniel's friends were available!  So voila, we had a party.  We went to Odyssey and played laser tag and bonus ~ Wednesdays adults get to play for free with their kids!  We are so proud of this creative, tender-hearted, musical, silly, joyful, God loving little man!  Oh how very grateful we are for his life.  (Some of you may remember, we weren't sure of his future when we were told he had meningitis at his one week appointment.)

And today's verse is brought to you by my friend Hope.  She was making Christmas presents for her family and the Holy Spirit said, "give this one to Nancy".  I LOVE that Hope said, "don't know why, but sure!".  It is (of course) a beautifully crafted Christmas ornament made out of a "vintage" spoon, beads and an engraved scripture reference.  My verse is: 

Nevertheless I am continually with You; You have taken hold of my right hand. With Your counsel You will guide me, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:23-26

This sweet little ornament will be out year round as a testimony to God's faithfulness:  how He uses sisters in Christ to encourage, how He uses His Word to remind us of Truth and how He is my (and your) portion forever.

Goodnight day 8, today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...