Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Nine

And then there were nine days left.

For today's verse I picked up My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, I went back to "the beginning".  The day the cancer was confirmed (by an oh so delightful colonoscopy) was Dave's birthday.  So I just read the devotion for August 2.  The verse is:

In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
                                                             John 16:33

I must quote some of the rest of the devotional:

"The typical view of the Christian life is that is means being delivered from all adversity.  But is actually means being delivered in adversity, which is something very different."

and

"God does not give us overcoming life-He gives us life as we overcome.  The strain of life is what builds our strength.  If there is no strain, there will be no strength.  Are you asking God to give you life, liberty, and joy?  He cannot, unless you are willing to accept the strain.  And once you face the strain, you will immediately get the strength."

and finally

"God never gives us strength for tomorrow, or for the next hour, but only for the strain of the moment."

So tonight I will choose to be of good cheer as we face the strain of the moment, because the victory is the Lords.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...