Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Family Photos

God is amazing. Most of you know that already though don't you? : ) Through this journey God has continued to "wow" me. You know what I mean? God is really cool and when cool things happen, I shouldn't be surprised. A couple of days ago I needed $145 for two different things, and they were not even "necessities". I could have done without, but God sent $150 in the mail via one of my dearest friends. 

Another friend offered to take our family pictures, before Dave got too sick, so we'd have some sweet photos to make us smile on those dark days.  WOW!  What a complete blessing.  I was last minute and a little "demanding" in what I really wanted...if I believed in magic, I would think she had a little black wand that she waved over her camera.  Not only did she capture incredible scenery, laughter, smiles, my family...but somehow she captured my heart.  I look at these photos and I see God's faithfulness.  It's almost too much.  I've attempted to insert the link below, I hope it works.  If you need pictures, you must call Chelle...she has her own story of God's faithfulness to her and her kids and maybe that is what makes her so good.  (plus she has a great eye!)  And it was a blast, not painful at all...(except for when Dave had to sit on the bridge, that hurt, thanks honey for sacrificing your comfort for another one of my crazy shenanigans).

http://chellenicole.com/WP/2011/11/09/shaffer-family-tacoma-family-photography

It's a strange sensation to be dealing with cancer and yet be so full of gratitude in one little heart.  We are not out of the woods yet, but definitely know and feel the presence of the One that leads the way.

For You are my rock and my fortress; For Your name's sake You will lead me and guide me.  Psalm 31:3

4 comments:

  1. VERY nice pictures, Nancy! Love them!
    Angie Weedon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous pictures, Nancy. Had me in tears, especially with "What a wonderful life" playing on Pandora in the background.

    Love you guys. Still praying for total healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo! I love the new header picture!! Now I have to look at the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy! There was no magic! :) I can only capture what is in front of me..what you see is what you get!!!! I am so grateful for the time spent together! I had a great time with you all! You are a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...