Monday, November 28, 2011

Three

Three days to go...



Today we went in for the pre op, yesterday I think I said I was glad about this fact.  It wasn't that great.  It was a little depressing, sobering, scary...lots of instructions, do this, don't do this, bring this, go here, don't forget... something, I don't remember.  The bright spot of the hour was when the nurse went through the list of questions: do you take medications, do you smoke, do you drink, do you take recreational drugs, do you have your own teeth...what?  Whose teeth would he have?  She left the room a few minutes later and we both busted out laughing.  Dave said, "I wanted to tell her I had your teeth". (Before you all get frustrated trying to comment, we realize they were asking about dentures, for some reason it was really funny the way she asked.)

I really want to get this over with.  It's getting old and it's only been four months.  I feel like I'm winding up like a spinning top as the day approaches, my to do list gets longer every day not shorter.  So I was completely grateful when my friend sent me the song "Still", so today's verse was inspired by her : )

Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.
 
Psalm 46:10

or as the NASB says, "Cease striving and know that I am God..."  Thank you Lord for this gentle reminder.  He will be exalted and that is what is truly important.  I'll end with a prayer just shared with me by another dear one:

God, I can't understand why You're doing this. But I know that, unlike me, Your actions cannot be inconsistent with your heart, and I know Your heart is loving, good and faithful. Somehow, some way, somewhere all these things are for good. If I could just know you better through this, that is all the good I need.

3 comments:

  1. i love the way you share your heart, nancy. dec. 1 is marked in my heart, and i will be praying for you all. blessings on you. suzanne xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no words adequate enough. Praying for you and love you.~Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible way you have with words, Nancy. Have loved reading every one of your blogs. What an inspiration you are. You do know that you're going to have to compile and publish these, right??!!

    Am continuing to pray for Dave, you, Julia and Daniel through the surgery and afterward.

    How about posting that "to do" list so others can help shorten it?! Or call me and assign me #6 on the list, OK?

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...