Thursday, November 24, 2011

Seven

And the number seven is brought to you by the number of stuffed animals my kids can part with - out of 143...

So instead of "doing" Thanksgiving this year, I cleaned my kids room.  If you know me, you know this was a good day : )  We had hoped to go to Pullman for Thanksgiving, so I didn't make any plans for today.  Alas, we opted to stay in town and get our acts together before the surgery.  I tried to pull together a few ideas for the day and none worked out and I'm so glad now!   Do you know this is the first day that I can remember since summer that I have stayed home the entire day?  The fruit of my labor is pictured below.



And today's verse:

Who is there who speaks and it comes to pass, Unless the Lord has commanded it? Lamentations 3:37

I think I've mentioned this verse before, it is so powerful.  All of Lamentations 3 is packed with encouragement and admonishment.  Verses 22-23 are the key passage to the song "Great is Thy Faithfulness".  Verse 37 though is sobering.  Who is there who speaks and it comes to pass?  Who of us can tell our future or "plan" our way?  Our steps are ordered by the Lord (we could get into a great long discussion here!), yes we have choices and consequences, but God is ultimately in charge of it all.  So, if I believe this verse to be true, then God is very intimately acquainted with our circumstances - in fact He commanded them.  Hard to wrap your brain around that one right?  Well, His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts.  (Isaiah 55:8)  I have an inkling He knows best, so I will rest trusting Him along this road.  Praying you can rest in this truth too Dave, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...