Saturday, October 29, 2011

Message from Julia

 

So Julia has a blog, I keep forgetting she has one since I think she has started several : ) She left it open just now so I read the last entry. Thought I'd share with you what is on her heart.

Life
Hi everyone,
Well as you know my dad has cancer and he is having surgery on December 1st.  At times life will be hard but I know God will keep care of our whole family.  Please pray for this process and my family.  Remember always have faith in God!!!
- Julia
I love this girl!  God is at work in her and through her and it thrills my heart.  She definitely has been more clingy to Dave these last couple of months and as the surgery date approaches I know her concerns will grow.  She cried the other day when I told her she couldn't come to the hospital with us on the day of surgery.  Ugh.  We still haven't figured out what would be best for them that day.  We have all kinds of options thanks to some great friends.  Maybe I'll try to get something out of Daniel for the next post : )

4 comments:

  1. I knew you'd like "Jesus Calling." This is my second year of reading the book. I am proud of Juia, too. If you need a sitter on the 1st of Dec. We are always available. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia,
    Lily, Mema and I attended the service at St. J-Js this morning and once again God spoke to me through the music. The opening hymn's first verse: "Awake, my soul, stretch every nerve, and press with vigor on; a heavenly race demands thy zeal, and an immortal crown, and an immortal crown." The sequence hymn's first verse: "Fight the good fight and with all thy might, Christ is thy strength and Christ thy right; lay hold on life, and it shall be thy joy and crown eternally." The closing hymn's first verse: "Guide me, O thou great Jehovah, pilgrim through this barren land; I am weak, but thou art mighty; hold me with thy powerful hand; bread of heaven, bread of heaven, feed me now and evermore, feed me now and evermore."

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and strong heart she has, love that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe holding a newborn will let her relax and have peace during the surgery? Huh? huh?

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...