Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Patch !

In an attempt to keep things "cheery" around here, we decided to take advantage of a 1/2 day at school and go on an adventure.  We went to Hunters Pumpkin Patch.  All the way there, the kids kept saying, "We want to go to the one we went to last year..."  (add a little whine with that statement).  I don't know what it is about us (humans) we tend to settle into the familiar and comfortable.  I'm often looking for ways to change things up or try new things, just to shake us up a bit (granted nothing has been dangerous or wild...my ideas have been things like trying fruits we can't pronounce or visiting a neighborhood park we've never been to or trying a new pumpkin patch...maybe I'll try something more adventurous after all this cancer stuff is in our past!)

Anyway, it ended up being a great afternoon, lots of laughs, smiles, goats and "normal".  Here are a few pictures of the day.


And we can't have a day with a camera and nature and not a "path" picture, so here it is:
As I just reread the above post, I had to giggle a little.  Maybe this is what God is doing in my life.  I do like "comfortable" and just maybe God wants to give me an adventure, shake things up a little.  Do a new thing.  Let me just say cancer is way crazier than a weird sounding fruit, but He is definitely more wild than I am.  So I will quit my whining and stop asking "when will we get there" and trust His leading.  He knows where we are going and the adventure that is before us.

Behold, the former things have come to pass, Now I declare new things..... Isaiah 42:9

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I found it. Now I'm going to read it! Is it going to make me cry? Everything makes me cry right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leiola,
    Yes, its me again. Mom and I went to the service at St. Josephs - St. Johns today. You might remember me saying that "those who sing pray twice". Well it was definitely the case with me today. The communion hymn was "Brother, sister, let me serve you", and I would like to share the third verse with you, Dave, Julia and Daniel: "I will weep when you are weeping; when you laugh, I'll laugh with you. I will share your joy and sorrow till we've seen this journey through". Love to all.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. In my last comment I said "I would like to share the third verse"; it should read "the fourth verse". In any event WE WILL SEE THIS JOURNEY THROUGH!!! Love to all.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your deep trust & faith in God's great providence is so encouraging to every heart that shares in your walk. We so often don't know why we are to walk the paths set before us, but how wonderful, comforting and peaceful it is to know God knows & cares deeply! I am so thankful you find rest in His great providence.
    I was in the cancer treatment center yesterday & saw this saying. You may have seen it before:


    What Cancer Can’t Do

    Cancer is so limited.  It cannot cripple love.  It cannot shatter hope.  It cannot corrode faith.  It cannot eat away peace.  It cannot destroy confidence.  It cannot kill friendship.  It cannot shut out memories.  It cannot silence courage.  It cannot invade the soul.  It cannot reduce eternal life.  It cannot quench the spirit.  It cannot lesson the power of the resurrection.  Amen—amen.

    Bernice Chambers, 1987 Breast Cancer

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...