Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Family Day

The kids had a half day today, so we decided to spend a little time all together!  Yeah for Family Day!  We started out by getting premium parking at Tacoma General.
We got to go with daddy to radiation today.  We met some of his new friends, that by the way are fantastic, beautiful people.  The first couple probably in their 70's came right up to Dave and said they have a new morning appointment time slot, so this is probably the last time they'd see him.  The wife has colon cancer and the husband has accused Dave of stealing puzzle pieces from the almost impossible puzzle in the waiting room.  The next couple, we got to do the impossible puzzle with, is also probably in their 70's and the wife had colon cancer and now it is in her back and it is terminal.  The staff is equally amazing, they actually let us go in and take pictures.

 That machine above is the one that zaps Dave. It rotates all the way around his body (which is easier than him rotating...) The picture on the right is the ceiling that is above Dave. That is NOT real! Those are some kind of special ceiling tiles that are lit up and look beautiful. I think we need that in our house. 
Our next family event was Pumpkin Carving! 
 The kids love to do this every year for the Idlewild Pumpkin Carving Contest. 
 Daniel is especially excited : )  And Julia is apparently Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde...

And here is the final product.

This is a good representation of how I feel most days, kinda crazed.  I just hope this little light of mine shines in such a way that people see Jesus in spite of myself!  It was a great family day, radiation and all.

3 comments:

  1. Your light shines brighter than you probably know...crazed or not.

    Debbie : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear nancy, this is saturday. i still can't type with my left hand, but this is minor compared to walgreen's. i wish i had read it sooner. dad and i pray for dave and you every day. we find strength in the daily family prayers in the prayer book at different times of the day. i think i have your prayer book.we are so proud of you. love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know why at the time, but I'd noticed your smiling face was missing from church (or may be we've been going to different services lately). Now I see what's been happening. My prayers go out to your family...

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...