Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Last Day!

Well, he did it ~ 28 treatments of radiation.  And he did it well.  Good job honey.  The kids and I surprised him at the hospital with balloons and signs, I have no idea why, but the kids really wanted their hand made signs taped to their backs.

The weird thing around his neck is actually bells.  One of the nurses said that on your last day of radiation you are supposed to wear bells (no idea why...).  Dave thought it'd be funny to wear a Belle Dress, but then he came to his senses.  We decided to bring the bells and wear them as necklaces : )  Thanks Linda for being there and snapping this shot!

So now their are four more days of chemo and treatment before surgery will be complete.  We meet with Dr. Klatt next Monday and hopefully schedule the surgery.  It should be sometime in November. 

Oh and I forgot to mention, these last few days of treatment have not been awful as indicated!  Thanks to all you prayer warriors, God has given Dave a break.  Keep praying things continue to go well, thank you for all your support and encouragement.  You mean so much to us!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Dave! Our Lord is good! Every morning on my way to work, the Lord has led me to turn off the radio and pray for you and my boss's husband who is being treated for stomach cancer and my cousin's husband who is being treated for prostrate cancer...but our God is our Victory and all outcomes appear good. Praise Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We rejoice in your victory, Dave! Praise God for His steadfast healing in your life! We continue to lift you up in prayer before God (even half way across the country in little Springfield, Mo). Praise be to God, he is your very source of healing, strength, & courage.
    Karen & Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God from whom all blessings flow . . .
    Makua wahine 'e Makua dad (Mom & Dad)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! On the previous Comment is should be "Makua kane" not Makua dad :-)

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...