Monday, October 10, 2011

Shampoo

Please tell me this is normal.  So I was standing in the shower this morning and I was trying to figure out which bottle to grab.  "shampoo, Nancy, pick up the shampoo" and what do I do?  I pick up the conditioner, pour it in my hand as I'm thinking, "this is not the shampoo".  Since I can't waste the conditioner, I take the shampoo bottle and with my elbow pour the shampoo into my other hand and wash my hair with one hand while I hold the conditioner in my other...this is why Pert was invented.   Isn't this supposed to be the easy part of my day? : )  So lest any of you think too highly of me, I can't even figure out how to take a shower.

Oh and just now, I call my doctor for my annual exam, they ask if I can come in tomorrow.  Um, no.  I ask if I can come in next week and she says that Dr. Gore is retiring this Friday.  Well, okay then.  That was not part of my plan.  Any of you have a great doctor you can recommend?  (That is taking new patients - don't tell them I don't know how to shower). 

I'm not sure what God has in store for me the rest of the day, I'm feeling like I'd better make some more coffee though!

I do know what is in store for Dave, 2nd to last day of radiation!  While this is a definite reason to celebrate, it also merits a day of necessary prayer.  The radiation is being pinpointed into a very small area and should cause a great deal of discomfort and pain.  Please pray for him this week (they say the effects continue even after radiation is complete).  Please pray for effectiveness, strength, healing, and comfort.

It's a week full of doctors appointments (including two dentist appts).  I hope I remember to do the things that are necessary, like shampooing my hair.

7 comments:

  1. Your lives are a testimony to the Presence of our Holy God. Thank you for being so open in this difficult walk. I will pray for these coming days; i remember how radiation affected my mom. Blessings on you all. with love, suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bedchunk??? Bay hales??? Remember yesterday morning in the shower with a smile on your face and all the other times that both you and I have said things that don't quite make sense...life doesn't make sense most of the time but our Lord knows all and He always makes sense. I pray today for Dave as he endures these last few days of radiation. May our Lord sustain him when he's uncomfortable, weak and tired. I love you my friend and I miss you tons. Thank you for inspiring me with your blog. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy ~ At least you realized that you had the conditioner in your hand before you tried to shampoo with it...I usually spend way too long trying to figure out why I'm not getting any suds!
    I am keeping you and Dave in my daily prayers.
    I too went through radiation for breast cancer so I have an idea what he is experiencing.
    Take care and rest in His Love.
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow we must be related just the other day I put conditioner in my hand and then preceded to wash my face with it. Hang in there girl, this too shall pass (you are capable of showering, I've never noticed an odor). Love you, Kirstin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leiola: That was an early shower and you must have gotten online quick, then get 4 comments within a couple of hours. Anyway about remembering, concentrate on "listening". For me a good example occurred yesterday. Mom and I went to Saint JJ's worship service (Mom wanted to listen to the choir sing "Dona nobis pacem, pacem"; they sang it during the Offertory. The Communion hymn was " O for a closer walk with God". The first and last lines "spoke" to me: O for a closer walk with God, a calm and heavenly frame, a light to shine upon the road that leads me to the Lamb! So shall my walk be close with God, calm and serene my frame so purer light shall mark the road that leads me to the Lamb. To top it off, the Psalm was Psalm 23. When it comes to remembering you, Dave, Julia and Daniel the motto "Listen, listen, love, love" works for me. God is with you Leiola and will be forever.
    Makua kane (you can call me DAD)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Nancy,
    Like Mother like Daughter. I once put orange juice on my cereal. We are praying for Dave during the next two days of radiation treatment. The ceiling in the radiation room should be a big help to the patients in relating. As for a new doctor, you might consider Dr. Caldwell our doctor (581-3075).
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for Dave almost being done with radiation! That is next for me. Sending positive thoughts your way - I should be thankful for the chemo, yes? No need to get the shampoo and conditioner mixed up : )
    <3, kim

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...