Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The 40 Day Journey - Day 12 (The Drop Box)

Tonight a few of us went to see the new film called The Drop Box.  Here is a description from their website:

The Drop Box tells the story of South Korean pastor Lee Jong-rak and his heroic efforts to embrace and protect the most vulnerable members of society. It is a heart-wrenching exploration of the physical, emotional and financial toll associated with providing refuge to orphans that would otherwise be abandoned on the streets. But The Drop Box movie is also a story of hope—a reminder that every human life is sacred and worthy of love.

It was not what I expected. (I have got to stop saying that! I think that is my new mantra.) The story is so much bigger than one Pastor. His story was not glorified.  His story is difficult.  There has been a great cost to him to obey Christ. I think so at least.

This week I am asking God to show me what it means to "count the cost" in following Christ.  What it means to die to oneself.  What it means to pick up my cross and follow Him.

Back to Pastor Lee.  I feel like if I asked him what it "cost" him to care for 15 children (most of whom have deformities and disabilities) I think he would list all of the benefits instead. He  is clearly walking the path the Lord has placed before him.  To do anything else, simply does not make sense. This man has very little (in the world's eyes), his health is failing since he is constantly caring for his own children, plus he rescues about a child a day through the box on the side of his house.

The true cost if he does NOT follow Christ, if he does not carry his cross, would be hundreds of babies dying in the streets of South Korea. I hope to hear from God more about this idea of the cost in NOT obeying Christ, or following Him whole-heartedly. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...