Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The 40 Day Journey - Day 11 (The Cost)

It is a brand new week on my 40 Day Journey.  Yesterday was a welcomed Sabbath Day. How good it was to be in the House of the Lord.  I asked God to refresh me yesterday and give me direction for this week as I seek Him.

While last week was difficult exploring brokenness, it was really good to spend several days considering what the Lord was revealing.  Letting the Truth take root.  I asked God if there was something for this week.

This is what kept coming to mind.  We can be tempted to "sell" Christianity through stories of grace, joy, hope, and love.  We promise a better tomorrow. Then once we start walking with Christ we are met with trials, persecution, and suffering.

Are we doing anyone a favor by not sharing the cost of following God?  I don't know.  If we told unbelievers what was in store for them in this life, would they run in the opposite direction?

So this week, I really want to hear from God what it costs to follow Him.  Will I truly understand or appreciate what I have if I don't know the cost?

I have no idea the path God will lead me down this week, what I will explore or find. Again, I enter this time by faith, not knowing what will be revealed.  I do trust that as I call to Him, He will answer me. (Jeremiah 33:3)

I hadn't planned on including songs each time, but I came across this one.  It is my hope I can sing this with full conviction at the end of this week.

The Cost by Rend Collective Experiment

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...