Saturday, February 21, 2015

The 40 Day Journey - Day 4 (Hello?)

I did another walk today for my hour with the Lord.  I really wanted to hear from Him, what He would have to say, with no agenda of my own.

I just cleared my head and tried to think of nothing.  I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing...but I succeeded.  It was a little strange since it seems there is a constant tape playing in my mind throughout the day.  (I sometimes think my brain has A.D.D. you know what I mean...squirrel!)

It was quiet for a long time and I have to admit I got a little bored.  I then tried to think of a little something generic to prompt Him.  Still nothing.  I ended up getting back in my car and driving home. No great revelation or special word.

On the way home I admitted to God that I really did have several things for Him today and specifically a couple things that are really on my heart.  I'm not sure, but I think the reason He was quiet was because He was waiting for me to come to Him with those things.
Part of today's journey

What I realized today is that God made me with strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes, joys and struggles.  He made me with purpose and with traits specifically to me.  Who I am is important to our relationship.  He doesn't speak to all of us in the same way.  He doesn't have saved speeches that He pulls out to recite to us.  ("Let's see, let's try number 487 today on Nancy")

He wants to know what is on my heart and He wants to respond.  Yes, He already knows what's on my heart, He is God after all, but He wants us to tell Him.  Then listen.  And we continue in this dance, until He is leading and we are responding.

So tomorrow is Sunday, my "break" from my 40 Day Journey.  I'm looking forward to a new week beginning on Monday.  Now that I know He wants to hear from me, I have a whole list of things for Him....this may take longer than 40 days!

Happy Sabbath to you all~




No comments:

Post a Comment

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...