Thursday, April 19, 2012

Home from Kauai ~

Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds.
Psalm 36:5

Well I am back from my whirlwind tour of Kauai!  I don't know how it is possible that we packed in so much in 2 1/2 days, yet I managed to be completely relaxed and at rest.  My sister blessed me with this trip to see her daughter, my niece Kaileia.  (Thanks mom and dad for the flyer miles.  Definitely couldn't have done it without you!)  Here we are on the first night.  The picture was taken by our Uncle Richmond (not blood relative...but closer, dads very good friend from the good ol' days)  It was so great hearing some history of the island and his memories of my dad, Don Ho and his family.  Thanks Uncle Richmond for giving us your time and house for four days!

I really did not intend to blog tonight...reality has set back in quickly and I need to get some sleep so I can get back in the routine tomorrow.  This is just a preview...
This just cracks me up.  Due to a hurricane in 1992 the chickens got loose and how do you catch 'em?  You don't.  They now wander all over the island, all over!  My phrase of the day in the car, "chicken!"

What vacation can be complete without coffee?  Good thing Kauai has it's own coffee company!  There are rows and rows of coffee bean trees...when we were driving through this beautiful field, I asked if we were going to pick blueberries....nope...wrong again (everything we did was a surprise and I rarely guessed correctly!)
                                                                               I have officially declared the Albizia Tree one of my top two favorite trees.  It is beautiful isn't it?  They are all over the island, but when they stand alone, they just look majestic.

My other favorite is the Banyon Tree.  This is the biggest one on Kauai, and from this angle you cannot see it all.  As the branches grow out, it sends roots down to the ground to support the large branches.  Those dangling vines you can see around the edges will eventually grow down deep into the Hawaiian soil and support the branch above. 




I am completely overwhelmed with gratitude and a full heart.  This trip filled me to the brim with God's wonder, goodness, faithfulness, and joy overflowing.  I am blessed beyond measure and humbled to the core.  I have tasted and seen that the Lord is good.  His creation shouts glory to His name!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting some pictures, Nancy!! I'm so glad you had some time with family and friends and got to see the beach and be WARM.

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...