Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dr. Klatt (Relay for Life Founder)

Dr_ Gordy Klatt media.kitsapsun.com








A friend forwarded me this email about Dave's surgeon, Dr. Klatt. We have been beyond grateful that we have him as our doctor, truly the best in his field. However that is not the sole reason we admire this man, his passion to find a cure for cancer is remarkable. Yet sitting in his presence you would have no idea the tremendous impact he has made on society, truly a humble man. Please read the following email:









Tacoma Relay Family,

It started with one man. And now that man needs us.

We have a true hero; one known through the nation and the world. An actual visionary. A man who lives to give and do good. Humble, in spite of his titanic contribution to our society. Still driven to bring Relay to the entire world. A true gentleman. A great doctor. A great man.

Our beloved founder and Relay Ambassador to the world, Dr. Gordy Klatt, has announced that he has begun his own personal battle with cancer.

In his own words:

"Throughout the years I have spoken and written about how cancer can personally affect everyone. It affects the rich, the poor, and all nationalities and cultures in the world. About 4 weeks ago I was diagnosed with stomach cancer and I have begun my battle with this disease using chemotherapy and then surgery this summer. I feel the tremendous camaraderie and support of my family, my friends and my colleagues. I am even more energized to defeat this disease worldwide. I will again be with all of you in spirit this Relay season - even more so this year. Celebrate the survivors; remember those who lost the battle and FIGHT BACK! We all need to CELEBRATE MORE BIRTHDAYS and by relaying we keep the HOPE alive through education, community involvement and fundraising for ongoing research. I love you all!" -- Gordy Klatt

Look around at Relay. Think about the power of it. Look at what three and a half million people can do when they are of one mind and one heart. This was and is Dr. Klatt's vision. Everyone joining the fight.

And so let us join his.

Let us, together, join our hearts, thoughts and prayers and send them to this man. Our hero. Let us lift his fighting spirit so high that no diagnosis can harm him. Let us give him our Strength. Let us give him our Faith. Let us give him our Hope. Let us give him our Love.

For all he has given us.

We welcome you to share your messages of love and support for Dr. Klatt. Please email them to info@tacomarelay.org<mailto:info@tacomarelay.org> and we will see to it that he receives them.



Copyright 2011/2012 (c) American Cancer Society

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...