Thursday, March 29, 2012

I Hate Insulators!

Julia was in a class musical tonight titled, "It's Electrifying!"  She was an electromagnet along with her good friend Gabby.  Last week her teacher, Ms. Coppess asked if I could help with props.  I said, "Yes, of course, I'd love to.  I don't know how they'll turn out, but let's give it a whirl."  I just figured once she saw my work, she'd never ask again.  Fortunately it was gluing die cut letters onto a poster board and cutting out kite shapes.  She asked me to make a poster that said, "I Hate Insulators".  I just figured the high cap teacher didn't know how to spell "insulters" and went ahead and made the poster.  Turns out she was right and I just didn't know what an insulator was.  Here is a picture of Julia and my "props" in the background.  Julia is the electromagnet in the middle to the right of my sign.  She has yellow electrical wire wrapped around her.  I still don't understand why the guy next to her has the Superman costume on?
I'm proud of my girl for having a good attitude and doing a great job singing "Electromagnet Man"...oh, that guy is probably Electromagnet Man...got it.

My parents braved the rainy weather and proudly watched their granddaughter sing about electricity and Benjamin Franklin.  Thanks mom and dad, it was fun sitting with you in the crowd.   Now we all know a little more about electricity! 



Dave went in to the hospital today and had his pump removed, so he even got in a shower before the performance!  He can't shower while attached to the pump.  (I'm sure that was a necessary comment...). He received an extra dose of anti-nausea meds since he wasn't feeling so great.  The weird metal taste he gets has been a little stronger this time.  He feels yucky and looks a little pale, but he is continuing to be strong and press through it all.  Good job Chemo Man!


Oh and I forgot to mention something.  So a few of you probably have read about our Chemo Teach and the nurse that did the teach.  We talked to her on Tuesday during treatment.  We were remembering when she did the teach and she said, "That was my first time doing that teach.  I didn't know anything I was saying.  Remember me talking about not touching the pills?"  We just laughed, now that day makes more sense!

Goodnight all and turn out your lights so you can save electricity!


1 comment:

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...