Thursday, February 2, 2012

Spoiled

So my two older sisters tell me I was spoiled growing up.  I was the "baby" of the family.  The "good" one.  Translated, that means I learned how to blame my older sister for all kinds of trouble and came out looking like roses myself.  An example they would give about me being spoiled was that our father had a rule, no car until you are in college.  Well, on my 16th birthday I got a brown Dodge Omni (and I was not in college then).  Of course I had to work to help pay for gas : ) (Family motto: no worky no eaty)

 
My sisters did reap some benefits of not being spoiled though.  They both have a high work ethic, they are very responsible, problem solvers, easily adapting to new situations and all around A+ girls!  (Of course I didn't realize this until I was an adult, I wasn't completely fond of them when I was younger.) 


All this to say that today I was SPOILED again!  (Though now my sisters would be happy about it)  My dear sweet friend asked if she could bring dinner, I agreed expecting a pan of something yummy and a bag of salad (that really would have made me happy!)  Instead we received two laundry baskets and one ice chest FULL of food, plus a dessert and various boxes of yummies Daniel carried down to the house!  I forgot all about those eclairs until I looked at this picture again.  This photo could not fit the homemade pasta and chicken dinner and some more frozen dinners. 
And here is the dessert, she told me the name of it in German and of course I can't pronounce or remember the name she said.  All I know is that it is Y U M M Y!  Yes, I had to taste it before dinner and yes those are Daniel's fingers quickly exciting the picture after taste testing the topping.  (I am really full right now by the way) 
The fun part of receiving this bounty was that my friend (my little spaghetti) really enjoyed doing this for us.  Really, really.  She was glowing!  It was so fun hearing the story behind some of these gifts and how her mom used to make this same homemade pasta five days a week.

Again I am overwhelmed at the goodness of the Lord expressed through my dear brothers and sisters in Christ.  I feel so undeserving, just as we all are undeserving to receive the love of Christ.  Yet He loves us, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  So I will enjoy this bounty and rest in the sweet reminder of how much God adores us.

Dave did okay today.  He is getting used to a new routine, he forgot one of his meds today and could not figure out why his stomach felt so weird.  As soon as he took it though, he felt better.  He cannot drink (or touch) cold liquids - for 5 days after chemo - and needs to try to drink 3 liters of room temperature or warmer beverages.  Hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow after they disconnect the pump from his port.

I hear Maui Caramacs calling to me, I better heed the call!  Goodnight and thank you so much my friend for your generous gift of love to us!  We are spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...