Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Birthday!

So today is my birthday!  Just so you don't wonder (or guess that I am older than I really am...), I am 44 years old today.  Eek?!  How did that happen.  I really don't have anything more to say about that, but I will share two pictures from this morning.
Niki came running into Black Bear this morning screaming, "Did you see your birthday present outside?!"  Okay, she wasn't screaming, but she was very enthusiastic (she loves life and I love that about her!).  There was the most amazing double rainbow outside.  AND it was a full rainbow and it had the deepest colors I have ever seen in the sky.  What a sweet gift from the Lord.  We tried to capture it in this picture...you'll have to trust me.  I just have to point out Debbie Le on tiptoes...just because it makes me laugh!

Here is a shot of some of the most amazing women you will ever know...wait, I'm in that picture....maybe I'm amazing because I know these women?  I must put in a disclaimer though, most of you weren't there and you are all amazing too... I could write a book about you.  (See Shari, I still am a people pleaser, ugh)  These women have endured my...what shall we call them...antics, many times and they still love me.  I made them play a game I created, they all smiled and willingly played along. 

Tonight was dinner with the family plus Dave's sister and her husband.  Julia bought me a card that says, "Girl, let's not think of ourselves as 'over 30' {open card} ...we're just $29.95 plus shipping and handling!"  That girl cracks me up!  She used her own money to buy me some sweet gifts (including salted, caramel filled dark chocolate - this girl knows her mama!)

So this blog really was created so I could share about Dave, so I should probably give him so space here.  (but I had to share about my friends, since I could not do this life without them!)

I'm really proud of him.  He is taking a pretty miserable situation and moving forward.  He went back to work this week!  Well, let me rephrase that.  He was asked to do a "supervisor" job over a big project and he has been doing that, we are grateful!  He did try some physical labor and that didn't go over to well.  He is still healing from the surgery, regaining strength and stamina and getting used to having a bag taped to his side collecting his daily meals.  (tmi?)  It has been tougher than we imagined (post-surgery), but we are getting there.  We see the surgeon tomorrow and will fire all our questions at him, hoping he can answer a few. 

We see the oncologist next week to hopefully hear what he has planned for chemo treatments.  Dave is ready to feel well again and to not be limited in his ability to work and play.  We are dreading the chemo and the possible effects, but continue to trust that the Lord will do what is best for Dave.

Here we go, embarking on a new year, 2012 and celebrating that I am $29.95 plus s & h!

2 comments:

  1. I got a rainbow on my birthday too, aren't they beautiful and wonderful?!?! Love you, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...