Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Single Digits!

Yes, it is true.  We have reached the single digits for the Radiation Countdown!  Nine more radiation treatments left, my how time flies (when you are not the one getting radiation...).  Dave is doing pretty well, all things considered.  In general he feels kinda yucky, his skin burns, he has lost his appetite and his insides are all messed up trying to figure out what is going on!  I'm very proud of him, he is being a trooper despite having cancer and dealing with the general stresses of life.  We are doing one day at a time and trusting God to figure out tomorrow.  I don't usually quote the NLT, but I like how it communicates Matthew 6:34 ..."So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."  Amen!

3 comments:

  1. Three posts in one week...that makes me happy. Helps to know how to specifically pray. You know there's a really great country song called, "I've Got Nine More Days of Radiation." It's pretty catchy.

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, indeed. Praying for Dave and all the rest of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love single digits!! And, I love the new look to your blog! :) I think in 9 days you should have a "no more radiation" party! Thank you so much for the updates this week. As Debbie said, it's nice to know specifics to pray for. Keeping all of you in my prayers as you walk through this challenge. Love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...