Tuesday, September 27, 2011

New Surgeon!

So before our appointment yesterday, Dave could not shake the feeling that he should check in to getting a new surgeon.  He called Dr. Klatt's office and voila, we have a new surgeon.  Too bad more things in life aren't that easy!  (Actually, I've probably seen God more in the difficult than in the easy...but occasionally, it is nice to have something easy come your way!)  We don't get to meet him until October 17, but from friend's recommendations, we are feeling pretty good.

Today we are going through red tape trying to get Dave's chemo pills refilled.  We have to go through a "specialty" pharmacy this time.  (Didn't know Walgreen's was so special).  I called the 1-800 number and went through all the questions: name, birth date, etc...she asked what medications Dave was taking: none, until we get this one...allergies: none...She said, "Wow, he sure is healthy, most of our callers take lots of medications, it's nice he only has to take one"....then there was that awkward pause...so I said, "Yes, besides having cancer he's very healthy!"  We both just laughed, what else do you do? It actually made me feel good, I have said my share of ridiculous remarks...guess that is why we all need grace!  Pray we get the pills before the 7 days that it typically takes, he is out of his current prescription, the gal said she would put the status as "stat", hope that means "get this fast" and that it is not just short for "status" ; ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...