Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday

Dave was craving a "normal dad" day : ) so after school we went to Tolmie State Park in Lacey.  We've been there one other time and they have one of my favorite paths! 

This picture is the three of them trying to quickly build a canal to a "lake" before the tide covers it up completely.  It was totally under water in less than five minutes, but it was lots of fun to build.

It was just what we needed.  Family, sunshine, water, paths, walking, exploring, being silly.

Tomorrow begins Dave's last chemo treatment!  He was "accessed" today (he has tubes hanging out of the port in his chest).  Tomorrow they will give him drugs, then hook him up to a 46 hour pump.  Thursday he'll go in and they will disconnect him.  Then more fun begins.  They will schedule scans and/or a colonoscopy.  Then surgery in about 6 weeks.

Dave is still feeling pretty lousy and is really ready for all of this to be behind us.  (pun intended!) 

I'll update more after tomorrow.  Please pray the chemo does it's full work and that Dave can endure well whatever is ahead.  In the mean time, here is a video of our kids "unwinding" after a day at school.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Nancy, It looks like you had a lot of fun at Tolmie. I went there with DeeDee and Mammie. We walked Tynah there. Then I took the Jr. Hi boy who lived across the street from us (on 116th St.) He had a hard life with his feroucious sister. She knocked holes in their walls. Do you remember her? The boy was enchanted with the little crabs under the rocks. Love and best wishes for Dave. Mom

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...