Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cancer Free!

Dr. Senecal called and said that Dave's CAT scan from last Thursday came back all clear!  We have believed since December that Dave's cancer was gone, now a simple scan confirmed it.  While we are overjoyed, we are still "in the midst" of healing and doctors appointments.  Dave hasn't started feeling better yet, in fact he's felt worse and we still are waiting for a surgery date to put his insides, well...back inside :) 

I'd be remiss if I didn't inform you that colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in the United States. But, it is one of the easiest cancers to detect at an early stage, which greatly improves the chance of a cure.  If you want to "help" us, then go get a colonoscopy!  We have a storybook ending to a scary chapter of our lives.  I don't know why God chose to give us a second chance, but He has.  I think I will remain a "blogger" a little bit longer since we'll continue to deal with this for at least 5 more years.  Maybe in that time God will reveal why this has been part of our journey or maybe He won't.  I just don't want to miss anything He has for us.

The blue ribbon above represent colorectal cancer (Dave said it should be brown, Julia says that's disgusting!  So go the conversations in our house...).  I'm thrilled we get to attach "survivor" to that symbol.  God has revealed so much of Himself to us, I wish I could give Him a name (like Hagar did, "You are a God who sees" in Genesis 16), but that name would be too long for this blog!  He has been the one Constant in this turbulent year.  Steady.  Strong.  Present. Trustworthy.  Good.

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement, I can't say it enough...we couldn't have weathered this year without you!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Such WONDERFUL news!! All Praise to Jehovah Rophe {the Lord heals}, our Great Physician.

    Love the ribbon discussion; I agree with both of them.

    Praying for patience during the rest of the recovery/operation/recovery stages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will continue to pray for Dave, and that he will start to feel the fullness of the recovery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen & Amen!!!!!! Such wonderful news!!! God is so very faithful all the time. Pray even more amazing blessings to be poured down upon you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super excited for you guys! God is so good! We'll keep praying for Dave to feel better! xoxo Marla (and Rick)

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...