Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012

Somehow I've let life get pretty crazy once again.  As Christmas was barreling toward us, one of my dear friends said, "Why don't you skip doing Christmas cards this year?"  Gasp!  Imagine my surprise as I considered the possibility.  Actually, I think it took me about 2 minutes to decide that was exactly what I needed, permission to let something go.  With the release of that responsibility I felt freedom to plan some other family activities.  Below are some of our highlights from December.









Our Annual Christmas Luncheon at church.
Journey to Bethlehem, living nativity in Auburn.   One of my favorite moments with Simeon and Anna.


On the hunt for the perfect tree.

Julia is a little closer to what we have in mind.

Dave couldn't quite do all the sawing so the kids helped!  Way to go kids!


Wouldn't be complete without my path picture.
Mr. Whiskers enjoying the new tree.
 
Some friends from church put on a family Christmas Nativity Party,
complete with carols, children in costumes acting out the nativity, and of course
cookies and hot cocoa!  Definitely a highlight.
Daniel was a wise man, Julia an angel and this is our friend Sophie who
just couldn't leave baby Jesus' side.


Here is a short video of the singing...hope you can see it.  
 
Last year we made a Christmas Ornament out of some of Dave's hospital bracelets he collected over the previous few months.  Having the cancer removed at the beginning of December, and then just making it home a few days before Christmas, we made the ornament as a statement of faith that this Christmas Dave would be cancer free.  Praise God, He has answered our request.

 
It has been a very long road and we are not clear of the effects of the chemo, that is still a daily battle.  We will choose to trust Him for this coming year and His tender care over us as we continue down this road, following His lead...praise God His name is Emmanuel, God with us.
 
May you know and trust also, this One that is called,
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 
 
Merry Christmas!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Nancy, You are amazing and so is your family. I like your Christmas Card, and am glad you didn't have to fill out card lists, address cards, stamp them, post them and record them. What a genius you are. The pictures are delightful, especially Daniel with a shepherd's outfit, or was that Joseph? It doesn't matter. It's such a delightful picture. Happy New Year to you all. Mom

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...