Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Two!

Peace ~ Two Days

Was I the one that said "let's get this party started" and get this surgery going?  Yup, guess that was me.  Now my song is more, "uh, two days?!"  For some reason I feel like I have to have it all together.  Okay, fine, this is nothing new, I just seem to hide it better when cancer is not part of the picture.  I want to cross all my T's and dot all my I's, and what I need to do is just "let it go".  Let me just ask for your grace right now (not that you haven't freely lavished it on me already!), I am completely sure I've forgotten to say thank you to someone, or that I missed a meeting, or that I didn't call when I said I would, or that my shirt was on inside out today (seriously, tell me if this really happens).  I dont' feel guilty, I just feel bad that someone could feel neglected!  So with your permission, I've let it go, it's done.  Clean slate, thanks I feel better already.  Just send me a reminder if it's something important, please : )

Dave met with another nurse today to get "marked".  He has a big green dot by his belly button, he'll have a temporary colostomy and he was given instructions on how to "maintain" it.  I'll spare you the details, but I think I'm about to learn more about something I was fine not knowing!  Actually, I have to say again, I am grateful.  If this all is to restore Dave to full health, then bring it.  God is our strength and sustainer and this is not too much for Him.

Today's verse:

The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace.
Psalm 29:11

Thank you Lord for giving us strength for today and for infusing us with Your peace.

And Happy 8th Birthday to Daniel!  What joy you bring to our lives, love you little buddy!

1 comment:

  1. This is Sonia's response to "What do we have in common". Dear Dad,
    I loved your message. Besides the cancer and hard time we passed facing this - I'm sure, for all of us - our soul is well. No matter the distance, the nationality, the years passing by, JESUS' LOVE IS INSIDE OUR HEARTS AND THIS IS THE GREATEST WEALTH WE HAVE.
    Sônia

    ReplyDelete

More Questions Than Answers

On January 1, I shared that I felt by this point in my life I would have "more answers than questions." I also confessed that fe...